Tuesday, June 09, 2009

By Plane, Train and Automobile...

I safely arrived back in New York. While waiting for the plane to take off, I chatted with Susan Nestor, who also lives in New York and was heading back on the same flight. I discovered a shortcut back to my apartment, which made me happy as a clam. It was pretty surprising how quickly my allergies started to clear up. It seems strange to me that in one place I can hardly breathe and in another, I'm perfectly fine. Below are some shots from Bead & Button.

Above is a picture of Kelly Russell of Beadfuddled. She was set up with Marsha Neal Studio. They moved their booth more towards the center of the show. Both Kelly and Marsha are doing some really cool things. Marsha is making some decal transfer ceramic pendants that incorporate more drawing and Kelly is working with polymer tinted porcelain and PMC.

I also saw my bead show buddy, Jill MacKay, who was showing her new line of findings. I really appreciate how genuinely nice and encouraging she is. I only wish that I got to see more of her!

Above is a picture of Azalea and Terra. Aren't they adorable? They had so much fun playing together at the show. Ever since they were babies, we always knew that they'd be playmates. It was hard for them to part at the end of the show.

Above is a shot of Katie Wall and Lindsay of Fusion Beads. They are some of the sweetest people I know! Not to mention that I'm addicted to Fusion Beads. They are a reliable source for all my jewelry supply needs and always have new surprises!

It was good to see Liz Jones, author of Silver Wire Fusing. She was helping out at the Beaducation booth with Lisa Niven Kelly, Kate Richbourg, and Kriss Silva.

It was lovely to see Carter Seibels of Divali Glass Jewelry at the Bead Trust booth. They had some really amazing things. I love how they've always got the latest cut, newest style and coolest finds! Like panna cotta-like layered resin beads, silicone spiky beads, or polka dot smoky quartz to name a few.

Jean Campbell came by as an unexpected surprise! She's such a sweetie and ever so talented. Did you know that Jean is coming out with a new book that's due out next year? It's called Steampunk Style Jewelry: A Maker's Collection of Victorian, Fantasy, and Mechanical Designs and it's AMAZING! (And I'm not just saying that because one of my pieces is in it either.)

Above is a picture of Kelly Angeley and Dustin Wedekind at our booth. I kept running into Kelly and her husband randomly throughout the weekend. Dustin was across the way at the Beyond Beadery booth and was sporting the Trocadero necklace I made.

A group of bead bloggers met up for breakfast at the Hilton one morning. Starting from the left: your's truly, Heather Powers of Humble Beads, Diane Hawkey, Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio, Katie Hacker, and Linda Augsburg. Make sure to check out their blogs!

One of my favorite stops at the Bead & Button show is Raven's Journey. Jamey and Lenka always have the best selection of colors, shapes, and sizes. Since they deal directly with the manufacturers in what is essentially a cottage industry, they get the very best and most unique Czech glass!

Look who's sporting a cute new haircut? Patti Cahill of Dyed in the Fire is! She makes the most luscious glass eye-candy. It was good catching up with her and hearing some of her recommendations on where to visit glass conservatories.

And now... what you've all been surely waiting for, a picture of my yield!

I got lots of goodies this year, including pieces from Earthenwood Studio, Pam Wynn of Pam and Heather Wynn, polymer pieces from Humble Beads, beautiful sterling silver with metal applique beads and a sterling button from Anne Choi, precious metal clay pieces from Melissa J. Lee, Czech glass from Raven's Journey, sapphires from Jewels by Kia, beach glass from Stephanie Ann Dieleman, lots of stones from Bead Trust, "ruby quartz" from Omega Gems, vintage Swarovski rondelles, an ammonite negative from the Gary Wilson Stones, a drilled and shaped stone from Dean Crane of Two Cranes, and a polymer-tinted porcelain cabochon from Kelly Russell (with a porcelain base from Off Center Productions).

10 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

I wish I had been there to meet everyone in person! I hope I can plan on next year- I totally shoulda been in that photo with you beadbloggers. gah!
Nice loot! I can't wait to see what you have planned for all of these beauties, especially the pink mokume gane beads from Heather/Pam. Thanks for showing us pics from your trip!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Thanks for sharing your pics!!! I really missed being out at the show this year - but I guess when you start your traveling day with a little one with a 103.5 fever - going away becomes not an option instantly...

You've got some great pieces - and I'm actually getting goosebumps looking at them!!! And it figures - Dustin finally gets out to a show and I'm not there to meet him!!! One day...

Melissa J. Lee said...

Reading your post, I just realized I never got a chance to stop by Bead Trust to say hello to Carter, and I completely missed Heather, too. Argh. There's just never enough time. Lovely pictures, though - I wish I'd been able to make it to the Bead Bloggers breakfast. I hope we do it again next year! It was great seeing you again. Glad you had a safe trip back home.

Anonymous said...

So nice to see all your pics!
And all your goodies, lucky you! Thanks for sharing!

Jean Hutter said...

Great photos, looks like you had a great time and your loot is to die for - better get beading!!!!

Barbara Lewis said...

Thanks so much for the photos! It's nice to put a face to a name.

TesoriTrovati said...

Your post reminds me that I never got to see some of those artists...now I have something to look forward to next year. I was so bummed that I had to leave on Friday night or I would have been at breakfast with you. Looks like fun was had! Your finds are awesome! I got some great things too burning a hole in my bead box! Not to butter you up, but I think my favorite and most versatile things are the Green Girl Studio stuff...THey will find their way into everything!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Unknown said...

What a stash I can only Imagine the great times you have Andrew! You have a charmed Blessed life!
huggs xxx

Cindy said...

What a fun photo journey through the show! Thanks for sharing your pictures...almost like being there (but not quite!). Your new beads are gorgeous.

Jill MacKay said...

Would have loved to see more of you at B&B...glad I got in one hug...thanks for the set of pictures from the museum! How smart you are to have gone! Maybe next year for me. Have safe travels with your family & biz...do well and say hi to all.
Best,
Jill