Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Rescuer...

I like to think that when I find something on the street and take it home, that I'm saving it from an otherwise empty existence in a trash-heap somewhere. I like to think that I'm giving things homes again. I also have an uncanny knack for finding just what I'm looking for. Sure... what I find might need a little cleaning, or a coat of paint or a little creativity, but I think that it's apart of the joyous process of rescuing treasures.

You know what they say... "One man's trash, is another man's treasure."



I had wanted to find a chandelier... low and behold, I found one! I have an interesting idea of adding antique keys to it and replacing the faux candle fixtures with simple round bulb lights. Believe it or not, there is only one chip on the entire piece and it can be easily fixed without anyone being the wiser.

No comments: