Monday, October 02, 2006

Exhaustion...

It is quite late, but I wanted to put a post in before I collapsed into bed.

Things here are busy as ever! I find that I am spending a lot of time at work, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I enjoy the fact that I get to meet a lot of different, new people and develop relationships with both my friendly co-workers and my regular customers. However, there are very tiring days that are long and topped off with unsavory events. For instance, when my shift was almost finished today, a rather foul-tempered bum ended up stealing our tip cup. After working all day and having that happen, it really put me in a negative disposition.



I have to try not to think about it. All it does is expend energy - energy I don't have to waste. It's petty and lame and karma will take care of it.

School has been fairly challenging as well. For the most part, I think I've got everything under control, however surprise deadlines and extra reading has been taking its toll on me. We were all surprised in my Wednesday Group this weekend to find out, the day before, that the first draft of our thesis papers were due. So I've been clicking away on the keyboard, non-stop.


Later tonight I have Monday Night Senior Workshop and I've been struggling in my studio. I've been hitting a lot of road blocks. I've been making work and have been challenging my process, but I think that something new and bigger has to happen. I have to really live up to my ambition, so to speak. I'm just going to have to spend even more time working in the studio. I think it's the only solution.

I've also been busy trying to put together my designs and the instructions for the next issue of Stringing. The newest copy comes out October 30th! Here is the website:
  • http://www.stringingmagazine.com/



  • Other than all of that, I've been trying to have a healthy social-life. I sometimes feel guilty for not being able to spend more time with my friends. Hopefully though everything will settle down and I can work on having a more relaxed schedule.

    No comments: