Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crystal Palace...

When I saw the decorative porcelain toggle with the silver-plated key bar from Melanie Brooksof Earthenwood Studio, I instantly thought of architecture, particularly of castles and other grand places.

I wanted to create something elegant and versatile that would show off the toggle. I decided to pair the closure with a mix of faceted pearls, Herkimer diamonds, rough rock crystal beads, quartz crystals, old trade glass, fine silver caps, Dutch glass beads from the 1700's, African recycled glass beads, Swarovski crystals, moonstone and sterling silver chain. Everything is intricately wire-wrapped in thick, fancy double wraps. The toggle can be worn in the front as a focal or it can be worn off to the side or in the back depending on your mood or outfit.

8 comments:

MoonRae said...

~Gorgeous~
sending you light and prayers
Sharon

Create With Joy said...

Your necklace is really beautiful.

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Alice said...

I think you accomplished your goal with the beautiful beads you added. I love the sparkle of the beads paired with the rough texture of the clasp.

Well done!

Unknown said...

I have so coveted Melissa's work although I haven't been blessed with one of her pieces yet! You really showcased that piece!

Courtney Breul said...

Really beautiful, simple and peaceful. I love it.

Lynn said...

Love the mix of matte and crystal, smooth and faceted - just perfect (as usual!)

Shai Williams said...

Utterly gorgeous!

Kiki said...

It reminds me of Neil Gaimon's Neverwhere, the key element, the translucent crystals.
Are you selling this one?