Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lori Phillips Ceramics...

Look what came in the post last week! It's a cute little speckled, hand-built ceramic shot glass from Lori Phillips Ceramics. I love the organic edges and earthy colors. She's got a lot of interesting vessels in unique glazes available. I first became aware of Lori's work on Lorelei's blog.

I sometimes like to imagine that I'll be a minimalist and have no possessions. But let's face it... it's never going to happen! I'm a magpie to my very core and I come from a powerful bloodline of hoarders. No need to fight my own nature. I think one day I'd like to get rid of all my Ikea tableware and replace it all with handmade items. I like the idea of living a life touched by artists on every level.

7 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

It's one i would have picked out myself!! I too love my "things"!

Vintajia Adornments said...

Love the idea of eating and drinking from handcrafted items, but as I have a PHd in dropping things, artist' creations deserve better than I can offer!

Melissa said...

I too have magpie tendencies. I just like "stuff"! But at least as I get older I am a wee bit more discerning in my collecting. Love the shot glass; what a great color!

Lori said...

Oooh, thanks for the blog love! :D You've taken a much prettier pic of the shot glass than I did, haha. I'm glad you like it!

Barbara Bechtel said...

Her work is so lovely! I love that they are handbuilt

Unknown said...

All handmade tableware would be pretty wonderful! I love the work as well by Julie Whitmore pottery. Shes got some really wonderful things.

Courtney Breul said...

It is wonderful. I love her work.