Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Azalea's Birthday in Greenville...

Today was Azalea's birthday! We went down to one of her favorite places to celebrate. The ZOO! (We're having another party on Saturday when my parents and all her playmates can come as well.) The zoo that we went to was in Greenville, South Carolina. It's about an hour and a half south of Asheville. For some reason, Greenville always seems to be about 20 degrees hotter than wherever I just came from (I usually fly into the airport there).

Left: Here is a picture of Azalea and I in front of the elephants at the zoo. The zoo is actually a really nice one. And it's just small enough for her to run around without getting too exhausted. In front of the zoo there is also a really HUGE playground. Makes me wish that they had these when I was a kid.



Right: Greg, Sheila, Azalea, and I on top of the bronze bear at the zoo. (Cynthia was taking the picture.) When we were about to leave, Azalea ran back, gave the bear a kiss on the muzzle and said, "I'll see you later."




Left: One of my favorite animals at the zoo that we saw were the red panda bears. They were so cute! They reminded me of our cats. I was going to take a picture of the Great Horned Owl, but we were on our way out and Azalea was excited to get into that playground.


Right: Azalea sitting next to Stuart Little at Chuck E. Cheese Pizza. She's becoming such a big girl! She buckled herself in and put the token in the ride all by herself. She was having so much fun!




Left: Azalea with the presents that I got her from the toy stores. She loves Playmobil sets and I can't blame her. They're so meticulous and detailed. Here is a picture of Azalea sitting on the table next to Cynthia unpacking the Playmobil sets.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely times yall have especially for that little Princess!

Unknown said...

I lso wish I had that bear in my backyard!!!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

You guys lok like you had a really grat time! YAY!

Andrew Thornton said...

We've been having a wonderful time!