Sunday, August 06, 2006

Boxes...


After only a few hours of sleep, Sheila and I got up early to start unpacking the car. We had to return the rental before noon. At first, we attempted to do a tag-team technique. One of us would run up the stairs with a load and the other would unpack the car a little more. This was slow going.

We decided that we wouldn't be able to finish at that rate. So we moved everything out of the car and out onto the sidewalk. Then we moved everything into the hallway and entry of our building just in case it rained. Once we emptied out the SUV, we then took additional loads up the stairs.

Sheila had to take the car back and I was left with a small mountain of stuff piled in the hallway. Luckily my friend Ope came over and helped me. We were a good team. Very fast. Very efficient. I pretended to get my third or fourth wind, so I wouldn't look bad in front of Ope, lifting the heaviest of the boxes as quickly as possible.

After we finished, both Ope and I collapsed on the box-strewn floor and rested. We talked about old times and about our new plans. I've missed her quite a bit.

Now it's all a matter of unpacking the boxes and sorting through a life stored away.

No comments: