Monday, August 21, 2006

Across the Bridge...


Today Sheila left with Laura Belkin. She's going to be down there to work a bit before her job starts to raise some cash. It's funny how even though we live together, I hardly see her. Part of me really likes having the apartment to myself and the other part of me misses having someone to come home to. It reminds me of the days when I lived all alone in a little apartment on the 14th floor, seemingly floating in a bubble of isolation.

Earlier this evening, I walked home from work. I got a bit turned around and I was so much in my thoughts that I ended up in Battery Park before I realized that I had missed my bridge by like 20 or 30 blocks. I thought that the walk would only be a mile or two, but it turns out to be seven. I like it a lot and will do it as often as I can.

No comments: