Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And the Tent Goes Up...


Since I've been working in Bryant Park, I've been privy to certain events and stages of events that I normally wouldn't be involved with. Before now, I hardly ever ventured north of 23rd Street unless it was a special occasion. Now I come up almost every day!

Today they started building the tent for Fashion Week. I was surprised that they were able to begin work since it has been raining pretty much non-stop. But they were out in the rain, cranes and all. I've gone to various Fashion Week events in the past, however, I never was in midtown to see them erect the bones of the beast! It's interesting to be apart of these behind the scenes phases.


Since I've been watching Project Runway, it'll especially be interesting this year to be involved with Fashion Week. Perhaps I can bring Tim Gunn and the designers some coffee!

3 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

andrew be sure to let us know if you spot any Project Runway peeps!
oh boy!!!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Seeing Design Star and Project Runway filming? How cool is that??? Just don't reveal any details that will spoil the surprise!!!

Andrew Thornton said...

I think it's pretty cool to be in the middle of it. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for famous people and the designers.