Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Homecoming...

The trip home from these large gatherings of creative people is always a long one.  I get a little blue after big shows.  Not only do I start missing my family, but I also feel the void left from the absence of so many creative energies converging in one area.  It's a heady mixture of swirling ideas and endless potential. These shows are a gathering of my tribe... of makers and creators of beauty.  They are my family, my friends, and my creative comrades.  And when it's gone, it is deeply felt.

I keep turning to say something to my sister, then realizing she wasn't there...

While the trip out was nearly seamless, there were some delays coming back and that set me back.  I'm a seasoned traveller though and have learned that sometimes you've just got to roll with it.  

When I got home, I was greeted with furry snuggles and a very serious boy cat, protesting any travel in the near future.  He had that "I'm too cute to leave behind" look on his face.

And while I'll miss everyone and it'll take some time to get back to normal, it's good to be home.  It's good to put my head down on my own pillow and dive deeply into the life I've created here.

No comments: