Monday, June 16, 2014

Around the Garden...

This is one of my favorite times in the garden.  The plants are so full of life.  It's energizing.  Above are a few snapshots from around the property.  To the left are my columbines.  I admire this variety's hardiness and luscious color.  In the middle is my lone peony.  I used to get bunches of peony flowers, but the winter was hard and most of the rootstock became rotten in the ground.  To the right are comfrey flowers.  This is another sturdy plant with deep roots and pretty purple flowers.  I'm told that brewed as a tea, it is a cure-all.  Someone at the Botanical Society (which is where I got this plant from) said that if you took a bath in the tea, it would restore your virginity... which, of course, resulted in a riot of laughter.

No comments: