Friday, June 06, 2014

Bead&Button Show Day Two...

I'm not usually an early riser.  I'm normally a night-owl and tend to sleep in during the early mornings... BUT I got up early and walked to show.  Our hotel was only a mile away, so I took advantage of the proximity and strolled over for coffee and pre-show shenanigans.  You'd think that after being on your feet all day and socializing into the wee hours of the morning, that walking would be the last thing that I'd want to do, but I found it really invigorating.

Maria Richmond, Erin Prais-Hintz, and Kim St. Jean and her husband, Norm.

New Facebook Friend for life: Nancy Noyes-Ward, Kristin Oppold, and Leah Fairbanks.


Janice Peacock author of High Strung: A Glass Bead Mystery, Irina Miech of Eclectica Beads, and Anne Mitchell.

After working all day, we met up with some of our friends from the show to go to the Cher concert.  Cyndi Lauper opened and it was a lot of fun!  Going to the concert was kind of unexpected.  None of us had planned to go, but we heard that she was going to be performing a few blocks away from the convention center.  I saw Cher and Pat Benatar perform not too long ago in Pittsburgh with William and his mom and I told my sister about how cool the show was.  After hearing about it, Greg surprised us with tickets as a treat!  It was a great way to celebrate with our beady friends!

No comments: