Thursday, December 09, 2010

Dinner...

I was in the mood for something warm and filling for dinner tonight. It's so cold and chilly out. So I cooked up some pasta, browned some ground beef with onions and garlic, and added it to a hearty tomato sauce. I made the tomato sauce this past summer with tomatoes from the garden. I froze some, knowing that I would want the tastes and flavors of summer when the garden was done for the year. I served it with a sprinkling of shredded prosciutto and parmesan cheese, with a side of toasted garlic bread. It hit the spot perfectly!

5 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Looks yummy. I can just taste the wonderful homemade tomato sauce.

Alice said...

Mmmm, homemade tomato sauce--what could be better. I'll bet it tastes amazing!

Lisa Tracy said...

Rats, now I'm hungry again. Time to find my hidden stash of gelato!

Courtney Breul said...

Yum! I do love summer tomatos. Nothing like them. Glad your tummy is happy.

Susan said...

Not only does it sound scrumptious, but it looks beautiful too!