Thursday, December 23, 2010

Busy...

I've been sorting and pressing, organizing and cleaning. I've been cooking and mopping, clipping and editing. I've been uploading, unpacking, wrapping, and stacking. I've been deleting and backing up and printing and sifting. I've been scrubbing and wiping and freezing and dicing. I've been drying and washing, washing and drying. I've been decorating, un-decorating and re-decorating. I've been doing all this, but not exactly in this order. I'm tired and exhausted and about to pass out, but not nearly finished. I've still got a teetering stack of things to do and not much time to do it in.

I'll be leaving in less than two weeks for Tucson and I've got a list longer than my arm of things that I wanted to get done. Of course, I won't be able to get to everything. It's just the nature of these things. I make grandiose plans and only end up with about a fourth of my list complete. Christmas is on Saturday and then my sister Sheila and her man are coming on Sunday. And then a few days later is New Year's Eve and we're throwing a small get together. (Which, you're all invited to if you want to come.)

Before I leave for Tucson, I'd like to have my studio organized. It's really important for me to sort of know where everything is. And while there are some vast improvements, there are still a few piles and boxes that must be sorted through. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, there are boxes with hundreds of papers that have to be meticulously combed through and filed. Bins of beads thousands heavy that need sorting and so many half-finished projects that need to be finished. If only I didn't need to sleep for those days remaining and still be functional.

Okay, here's hoping to a productive rest of the evening...

8 comments:

horimarika said...

Andrew! You are kind of gift to me... This year was full of getting known kind peolpe. And some has extra power! I just love reading you! I wish all the best for you: health, love, happiness... Good luck in all you do!!! Love Maria from Hungary

AJ said...

Sorting and organizing is never easy. Good luck! It will all be worth it when you're here where it's warm and sunny and beautiful!

Rebecca said...

I hope you had a productive evening! I am just trying to have all my Christmas gifts made and ready before I see everyone over the next few days. Good luck with it all! ANd have a really wonderful festive week. x

Spirited Earth said...

Happy Holidays,
i think you expressed what so many of us are feeling right now,
of course you have the extra crunch of leaving in a couple weeks..
good luck with the organizing..that's my plan after sunday..and soo looking forward to a sorted out studio

kate mckinnon said...

In the end, when you arrive, everything will be as it should be. Or at least as it is. You can come marvel at the disarray of my own studio space.
: )

Yeli said...

I hear you Andrew! I have been sorting and organizing every corner of my house for the last 3 months and it is not easy! There are things that are just as I want them, but others had to settle for less than that!
Merry Crhistmas!

Erin Siegel said...

Merry Christmas, Andrew! Best to you and your wonderful family! Peace and Love to you!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I always find myself in this position as well. ...and I am always kicking myself when a dead line approaches that I didn't get more done. In the end you'll finish what absolutely needs to be done.