Friday, December 31, 2010

Auld Lang Syne...

Happy New Year! (Well, at midnight... anyways.) I wanted to write an End of the Year post. This has been quite a year! But I can't bring myself to do it just yet. Maybe after it's officially the New Year I'll be able to commit to what exactly I want to say. Right now, my thoughts are more in line with lists of things to do before people start showing up for tonight's festivities. (I started cooking last night and the house smells incredible!)

I will say this... no resolutions this year. Resolutions in themselves are not bad, but the fall out of not being able to complete them or the dissatisfaction of expectation is. Life is too unpredictable. I think though that I will have a New Year's Good Intention. Something that I want for myself, more along the lines of a wish than an obligation. I'll have to think it over while I'm cooking in the kitchen...

4 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

Happy New Year sweet cheeks! Have a fabulous night tonight...... celebrate in style :o)

Here's to health happiness and much love for 2011!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Elizabeth said...

I can smell the goodness from here.
Have a great celebration.

rosebud101 said...

Happy New Year, Andrew, and good luck with your incredible art project!

TesoriTrovati said...

What an awesome idea to have a good intention. I think that would make a wonderful frame for the year. My word this year is FOCUS. I hope that I can focus on what I know needs to be done and see it through to the end.
Enjoy the day!
Erin