Friday, February 08, 2008

Day Four...

It was a beautiful day here in Tucson, Arizona! It warmed up quite a bit. Above is a picture of the Kino Memorial Center where the Best Bead Show is held. (I worked this location today.) The picture was taken on my way up to the Taco Wagon, which for show food was quite excellent and very affordable! Yum!

Left: Here are two sterling silver bird charms I got from Paula Best. Aren't they just darling? I love how pattern-oriented Paula's work is. I can't wait to play with them and make something.


Left: These are the last nine Lea Ann Hartman oak leaf charms that Maureen of Pumpkin Hill Beads had at her booth. I bought them all! They are some of my favorites. They are made out of shibuichi, which is an ancient Japanese copper and silver alloy technique. The variegated color is so warm and rich.


Left: This necklace was a gift from Candice Wakumoto and Alethia Donathan of DACS Beads. It has one of Candice's cast bee charms on a piece of turquoise. The bail was knotted by Alethia. I love the simplicity and wearability of it.

Paula Best suggested that I make a stop in the side room to see the goodies at Penny Michelle and her sister-in-law Kimmie VanAntwerp-Poenisch's booth. It was so nice to visit with them. Both of them are true bursts of sunshine!

Once I saw the little treasures at their booth, I had to have one!
Left: They had a plethora of choices. The larger brown one was named, "Henry." The smaller white one has yet to be named. Aren't they just adorable? I am going to add them to my dragon's horde of owls.

No comments: