Monday, January 28, 2008

Hope On The Horizon...

It has been an exhausting few weeks. My day job has been an overwhelmingly dominant force in my life lately. Although I enjoy my co-workers and love the company I work for, I'm simply wearing myself a little thin with all the work demands. Getting ready for Tucson has also put a pinch on my time and is furthering the fraying. However, today I felt help had finally arrived. We had a meeting today and I feel that things are finally going to level out a bit. I don't think the full effect of it will be felt until a week or so after I get back from Tucson, but there is hope on the horizon for the salvation for my mental health and well-being. Perhaps I'll even have a little more time to paint again?

I also think that Tucson is just what I need right about now. Taking in the desert and being around some of my favorite people in all the world will be good medicine for the soul. I am most excited about seeing my Girl Wonder! She's getting so big and I feel like I've missed so much time with her. Hearing her laugh instantly makes things so much better. After having become so close with my family, being away from them for such a long stretch of time and not celebrating the holidays with them has been particularly hard. All that is about to be remedied in a week's time. I've been scrimping and saving and got some extra special gifts for them!

2 comments:

Sunrise TheSea said...

I love it that you're a family man. Familial love is crucial for a sane life or at least a healthy one, I believe...

Andrew Thornton said...

It wasn't always like this. I'm glad that it is now.