Monday, June 04, 2007

Wind...

It started raining yesterday afternoon and hasn't really stopped until late in the day today. I cannot help but confess that I loved the storm that washed through the City. The air seemed to cool and everything seemed to make perfect sense. The heat subsided and the rain-drops became a million little windows of light, exposing with perfect clarity the world as it is.

I'm gearing up and getting ready for Milwaukee. I'm really excited and looking forward to the trip quite a bit. I can feel a new wind blowing through the City and it's a good one.

6 comments:

Cynthia Thornton said...

Im still busting my butt to have loads of lovlies for the show. Wait till you see my silver boxes with tiny sculptures encased in resin! I love them. I probably won't sell them. Ok back to work! Just checking on you.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

well, listen, Andrew...I am reading this. tell her she is torturing her best customers!!! have a really good time and say hello to everyone for me!

Cindy said...

such an exquisite image of tiny raindrop windows of clarity...brings a feeling of crystal brightness shining through, along with tiny upside down skyscrapers :-).
I know that you are combining blogging with creative writing, but there's an interesting contrast in the trip to Milwaukee and the new wind anchoring you in the city...going and staying all at the same time...
Have a great time over there!
And yes, tell Cynthia to stop tormenting ;-). Maybe we'll get some photos on her blog...hint...

Anonymous said...

hi andrew... rain sounds nice...none here in the desert...we leave tomorrow morning for milwaukee...it's going to be a great show and lots of fun this year...we'll have to hang out...

Andrew Thornton said...

Most of the PMC stuff I've made has exploded or cracked in the kiln. I think I'm going to puke.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I have a good swearword for that, Andrew!