Thursday, June 28, 2007

Visiting Kar...

Earlier this evening, I swung by the old studios to check out what the Summer Residency participants were up to. It was surreal going back there, with all the studios filled up by different people and different artwork. I saw Kar and her amazing works-in-progress. There was also some really great stuff by Gabriel J. Shuldiner and George Towne.

Above Right: Unfinished oil-painting by Karina Contreras taken at the June Session Open Studios. E-mail her HERE to find out more.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for putting these up...Kar's painting and the links. I'm seeing a lot of depth, inner strength and power in them. A good focus for today for me. George Towne grew up in an area where I used to spend my summers...in Godeffroy, NY...we used to go 'in to town' to Port Jervis for food and clothes shopping.

Andrew Thornton said...

Kar is an amazing artist who exudes a certain inner strength. I absolutely adore her work. Always have!

One of the first shows that I remember seeing in New York was one of George Towne's. The images from the show still float on the surface of my memory. That's why I was so thrilled to see his work up in the studios.