Monday, August 18, 2008

Wedgewood Fairyland Lustre...


Not too long ago, I had PBS on in the background while I was working.  The Antiques Roadshow was on and I was hardly paying attention to it.  Though, what caught my eye was a collection of Wedgewood pottery called, "Fairyland Lustre."  These brightly-colored, whimsical, and enchanted-themed plates, bowls, and tiles were designed by Daisy Makeig-Jones.  I just love these magically inspired pieces!  CLICK HERE to read the story about the pottery and what happened between Daisy Makeig-Jones and the Wedgewood company.  I just adore these; however with an average price tag of $5,000 per piece - it doesn't look like I'll be adding one of these to my collection any time soon!

Below are photos of a few examples:


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can buy littler versions anywhere from $100 to $1,200 at select sites or by finding it from a person or place who doesn't quite know what it is and puts a lower price tag on it. Try ebay. That's where I got mine.