Sunday, August 17, 2008

Knock, Knock...

With the addition of a few key props like Edith Piaf playing in the background, a baguette and croissant from the fancy French bakery, and a couple sips of wine, I felt as though I was vicariously traveling in Paris.  One of the things that I loved about "my" trip to Europe were the door-knockers in the shape of hands.  That's why I got the one above.  Since I live in an apartment, I don't think I can actually mount it on my front door, but I think it stands alone sculpturally.  Maybe I'll put it on the door to my studio... knock... knock... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I came in to check on your web site and caught my breath when I saw that hand door knocker! I thought "wow, another hand, what a coincidence!"

How excellent to find that you were travelling along with me too.

Kate

Anonymous said...

i love those hand door knockers...so cool! and hahahha...you must have had some wine, you spelled 'piaf' like 'pilaf' rice. have a good time in philly, looking forward to hanging with my little bro!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Kate! It was so nice keeping up with you and your travels via your web journal. I really feel as though blogs are a wonderful form of communication and a different media of expression. It allows people from all around the world to connect and to experience so many things via the power of their imagination.

So, thank you for sharing and thank you for being one of those "helpful hands" in building a better community!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hola, Sheila! Ha ha ha! I'll have to fix that immediately. It makes me sound like a lush. Truly though it wasn't the wine. I only had a little. I promise!

Ugh, that's what I get for trusting the built in spell-check!

Oh! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you too! I can't wait to see everyone. It'll be so much fun!