Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Issue of Beadwork Magazine...

Have you seen the latest issue of Beadwork Magazine from Interweave Press? The October/November 2008 issue has a featured spread crafted by the very talented and clever Melanie Brooks Lukacs of Earthenwood Studio. It's titled, Forging A Steampunk Fantasy. Melanie introduces the genre of Steampunk with a short story - I think, an apt move, as much of Steampunk history is tied with roleplaying. I just love what she's pulled together... and not just because I'm quoted in it either!

CLICK HERE to visit her Steam Week Compendium with more Steampunk history, inspiration, and jewelry designs.


3 comments:

Cynthia Thornton said...

This is a great article! Beautifully photographed and fun to read. I tell you, Beadwork is getting better and better!

melanie brooks said...

Andrew,
Thank you for posting this! I haven't seen the article yet and I am so excited to get it in the mail! Whee!

Thank you so much, too, for the great quotes you wrote for the article. They really tied everything together for me.

Andrew Thornton said...

Melanie, you're a peach! It was my pleasure. I think everything turned out great! You made the article fun to read and enriched it with useful information and a nice over-view of fundamental ideas that go into Steampunk. You also did a really great job of collecting sources for materials.