Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sheer Happiness...

I am just now uploading some of the photos and videos I took while we were in Philadelphia at Bead Fest presented by Interweave Press. I still wasn't used to having a camera on hand, so there wasn't the normal deluge of images to choose from and most of the photos were taken pretty sporadically. Above is one of my favorite little video clips I took of Azalea getting tickled by Cynthia behind the booth. Girl Wonder is truly the light of my life!

All in all, Bead Fest: Philadelphia was a good time. I got a couple new treasures and saw some folks that I rarely get to see. (Some of whom I will feature in forthcoming "interviews" on my blog.) Below is a picture of some of the goodies I picked up at the show:

I got a Russian hand-painted owl bead from 3C Studio Art Beads, vintage Swarovski and costume jewelry components from Collective Collage, glass flowers and lampwork urchins from the delightful Stephanie Maddalena, a unique lampwork bead that looks like petrified spaghetti from Joanne Zekowski of Z Designs in Glass, a new beaded owl friend from the supremely talented Dustin Wedekind (Check out his blog by CLICKING HERE.), unique vintage sequins (not shown) and a brass owl from Gail Crosman Moore, and of course, Swarovski flatbacks for an upcoming project.

Speaking of Bead Fest - did you see Jane Konkel of BeadStyle Magazine's blog post about "The Green Girl Gang" on their blog? CLICK HERE to see it.

4 comments:

Christina J. said...

You found some great stuff!

Cynthia Thornton said...

Love the collection!

jeweledrabbit said...

What a nice haul.

Andrew Thornton said...

I think I got some goodies! I really like the big shows, because there's just so much more to pick from. There are also a lot of artists from all over the world who make the most incredible things.