Friday, October 08, 2010

Journey...

They say that time is the great healer. I would argue that it is sleep. When we sleep, we open our minds to the Universe. We can dream. We can dream. We can dream.

I went to bed last night feeling cold and knotted. I felt crushed and confused. I felt a hundred years older.

And then I dreamed...

When I first started to wake, it was as if the answers were all there, neatly laid out before me. As I rose, the answers dimmed and faded, but the taste of them was still on my tongue. That small lingering thing, a trace of something profound was just enough.

For better or for worse, this is the road laid before me. I cannot turn around, but must go forward. I do not do so alone. I am bolstered by my friendships, by my love, by my family, by the generous support of those who wish me well. I am made buoyant, floating above the briars and the brambles. This is the road before me and I must walk down it.

When I woke up, I did not speak. I did not say a word. I walked outside and saw the sun. I saw the electric blue sky and and the fiery flame of autumn leaves. The air was cool and crisp. It stung my lungs as I took deep, gulping breaths. And I knew, that this was the first day on the journey...

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Andrew!
Back to your big bad inspiring self again ;) Que Bonito.

Wusel's... said...

Fantastic...It's 7:30AM in Germany and it's wonderful to start a new day with this...
Thank you!
:-)

Yeli said...

I just love how you write Andrew. You might want to publish a book.
Thanks for reminding me that the simplest things can bring ease.

Alice said...

Oh yes, now that's the ticket. I knew you'd get there.

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

Positive thoughts produce positive results. You will do just fine.

Ellen Stoune said...

Beautiful post and beautiful attitude Andrew. Thank you for sharing.

And if you feel yuck again, share that too.

Joan Tucker said...

I send you my turquoise butterfly
image that helped me through a health crisis. Hugs, Joan Tucker

Sharon Driscoll said...

That's it! Breathe...one foot in front of the other. Relish every moment, inhale it, create great words and art. Be peaceful not despondent. This too will pass and you are going to be okay and stronger yet.

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!! You have begun to come back to yourself with a brighter outlook. You are ready to beat this and win! Still here when you need me!

Gardanne said...

So glad you have wonderful support during this time, I love your attitude.

Carter said...

There's your spirit! Beautiful.

Gaea said...

<3

Gaea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina said...

Blessings as you embark on your journey of healing.

Ann said...

There is nothing like a crisp clear country morning to inspire healing. Your post lifted my heart!

Thank you.
Ann
http://mycriticaleye.com

mansuetude said...

beautifully expressed--hold on to that feeling of dream as if butterfly floats in and out of consciousness.

Wellness is you(rs.

Lynn said...

To cheer you up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwdJBuJU9Q8&feature=player_embedded

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

What a splendid gift to you and in sharing your thoughts so eloquently, a gift to your readers.
blessings

Sally Anderson said...

You wrote that so poetically and vividly and beautifully. I think that's a very good sign, Andrew. The dream, the prose, the electric blue sky. Very good signs. All is well. All will be well. --Sally

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Dear Andrew: You are absolutely loved. You will never be alone.Everything that you have done, given and said, will come to your assistance in a positive way. I know you will be all right.
I send all my love and white healing light to you. I send you what you need to get through this, dear friend. all love, jean

Gina Chalfant said...

I have met few people kinder than you, Andrew. Kindness always is returned to you. Thank-you for writing.

lorrwill said...

I hope you have many, many more sunny days!

*Kel* said...

Many more seasons and sunny days to come. You're writing is beautiful. My 16 year old daughter loves to write, so I am going to recommend she read your blog. Very inspiring. Blessings to you.

SueBeads said...

Best best wishes to you Andrew!

Rebecca said...

Andrew, I haven't commented on your blog for ages as I have been without internet and following on my phone which won't let me leave comments but I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you and wishes you all the very best in this journey you have ahead of you. I hope you know that as well as your support close to home you have it coming from all corners of the world.

Rebecca x

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.