Monday, March 29, 2010

Collaboration for a Good Cause...

The star-studded George Clooney special is merely an afterglow now, but the rebuilding of post-earthquake Haiti will take years and concentrated effort. Our help is needed now, more than ever. Jewelry designer extraordinaire, Lorelei Eurto and I teamed up to create a collaboration to help raise money to further aid the American Red Cross's Haitian Relief Fund.

The necklace is comprised of a hand-stamped silver focal by Heather Wynn (that reads: "The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person"), wire-wrapped natural sapphires, Herkimer diamonds, green quartz crystals, vermeil cornerless cubes, and faceted moonstone, an abundance of sterling silver chain, hand-made silver metal clay chain by me, a toggle from my family at Green Girl Studios, vintage buttons from Lorelei's grandmother's button collection, Swarovski crystals, a Marsha Neal Studios ceramic shard, hand-made chain from Lynn Davis, and vintage lace.

The necklace measures 27 inches long.

Above are some details from the necklace. Bidding for the necklace will take place on Lorelei's blog in the comment section. Make sure to read the previous bids before making your own. The auction will run from today (Monday, March 29th, 2010) to Midnight on Monday, April 5th 2010! CLICK HERE to visit Lorelei's blog to bid and find out more!

I think in the face of adversity, it's easy to feel small and helpless... especially when something SO BIG happens. But I also think it's important to remember that we can band together and help in our own ways. Even the smallest of stones cast creates ripples. Please do your part by either bidding on the necklace we've created HERE or by donating what you can directly to the Red Cross Haitian Relief Fund. Together we can make a difference.

Note: A big thank you goes out to Nina Bagley, whom we modeled our fundraising efforts after.

5 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

it is beautiful and wondrous. thank you for reminding us of the good in the world.

FunkyMonkey Girls said...

Thanks to both of you for donating time & creative spirit to do this...

Jolene

TesoriTrovati said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing! I donated all of my proceeds in the month of January to the relief efforts ($500) and bid on some similar auctions... and my daughter and I gathered craft supplies for Rebecca Sower's Haiti By Hand foundation to help a group of Haitian women with sustainable craft sales. I will be sure to spread the word. There is such a great need and it is ongoing. Every little bit helps! Enjoy the day! Erin

Layney Dasher said...

This is awesome, and think it is wonderful as to what you are doing.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! I am beyond delighted that ya'll have chosen my pendant to be a part of such a compassionate gesture! I am so very proud to know both of you, such brilliant and beautifully cretaive minds. I love you both :)