Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Talisman...


I had a critique with artist, Amy Wilson, back in October. Since then, she started her own blog and I have been keeping up with her via it. I really like how she isn't afraid to share her process and her thoughts. After reading her blog, I usually feel very inspired.

Lately, her posts have been about her being sick or about pulling muscles or other unforunate circumstances. I thought about what I could do to help. So, I created an "urban" talisman for her. When I had first met her, I noticed that she was wearing a bee charm. I had a bee coin from my family's company, Green Girl Studios, and decided to incorporate this charm into the talisman necklace.

Making this necklace, with various stones and different kinds of chain was a lot of fun, and a small gesture to show my appreciation for her thoughts and comments, as well as a way to express my well-wishes.

Amy even made her own posting about it. Which can be viewed by CLICKING HERE.

No comments: