Saturday, February 12, 2011

All Done...

With Jeannette driving off, waving her goodbye, the Tucson 2011 Capturing the Moment experience came to a close. I stood at the door, watching as her car pulled away – my heart going with her and out to all those who made this possible.


Thirteen of us converged in the desert. Some of us were long-time friends, others were new to one another. Each of us carried a story – a piece of a song. Our voices combined to form a harmony... a song of desert winds and red earth, sunny skies and soaring aspirations. We laughed. We cried. We dreamed together and we opened our eyes. We gave ourselves permission to speak, to share, and to tell our tales. Over glasses of wine and bottles of water, we formed lasting friendships and strengthened bonds. Together we walked this path with dusty sneakers and open minds.

Our names became a chant of power:

I didn't imagine how much I would grow to love each participant. I couldn't have dreamed of the kinship we would share. I put them in my heart and will hold them there, our shared memories, until the end of time. The moments of the desert will stretch on into infinity.

And while this chapter is all done, a new one is about to begin.

7 comments:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

What a great photo montage! I was sorry not to be able to share this gathering in person with y'all but have enjoyed reading all about it on everyone's blogs. The magic has been spread and shared with all of us, your loyal readers, via the Internet and that's pretty powerful too. :)

kate mckinnon said...

I love the montage of photos of us all together. It needs a photo of you too!

Andrew Thornton said...

I am there twelve times, behind every picture taken.

TesoriTrovati said...

I have been admiring your stories from afar, Andrew. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend time getting in touch with your own story and sharing it with others. Thank you for taking us along for the ride. Enjoy the day!
Erin

BeadyEyedWomen@blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful way to convey how all our time together meshed into such a harmonious learning and loving adventure. Thanks, Andrew. And yes, add your photo to the collage. You are a very important part of it all.

Andrew Thornton said...

I really loved spending time with all of you. What a wonderful experience. I am greedily looking forward to more!

Maybe for the next session I'll make one including me in it!

Jeanne @ Gems By Jeanne Marie said...

I enjoyed following the experience and wish I could participate. Unfortunately my full time job won't allow me to take the time off.