Saturday, April 28, 2007

About Afterwards...

It is strange to try and capture everything that goes into the emotions of a show. You work so hard, making the work and installing it and then... something happens. It doesn't just belong to you anymore. More people see what you've made and each one of them takes away a small piece. I also think that each one of them adds a little something as well. Soon, what you've made is completely different from what it was.

During the show, it was great seeing everyone and catching up! The last few weeks have been very stressful. So it was like a giant sigh of relief. But the feeling is strange. I always go through a little sadness when a show is over.

If I didn't have a slew of ideas that I am ready to work on, I'd feel utterly vacant. The times ahead are not so clear, but at least I have my work as my constant.

No comments: