Friday, September 29, 2006

A New Treat...


I was running errands near Chinatown when I passed by this cute little hole-in-the-wall place of Layfette Street. It had these interesting machines with molds and tiny little cakes and moving parts. I had never been there, nor had I ever tried these little cakes before, so I was skeptical.

I asked the man for the vanilla cream ones, but he had run out of them. I said, "Oh, okay. Thanks anyway." And proceeded to walk out the door. He handed me a cake and said to try it. I thanked him again and walked out the door. I got about two blocks away when I decided to pop the delicious little cake in the shape of little ear of corn into my mouth to find a wonderful surprise! They were good. Very good! And even though they ran out of vanilla, I went back and got an entire little lunch box of chocolate ones. I was not disappointed.

No comments: