Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bibliophile...



One of my great joys is finding treasures. Whether it's the bargain at the market or a bookshelf on the street or a glass "sculpture" at an empty bar, I have a great deal of satisfaction locating unexpected delights. One of my other happiness is in books. I love looking at them and holding them and pouring myself into the pages. I am especially fond of art books.

Today I stopped in at the Barnes & Noble down the block from my studio and found a wonderful treasure! Occasionally they have used and discounted art books at this particular location. At the bottom of a stack at the last bookshelf in the very corner was Terry Winters: Paintings, Drawings, Prints 1944 - 2004 ! It was in perfect condition and marked well below price. I was amazed at how inexpensive it was. Add to that my 15% off any item discount and my Membership Card and you're talking about a grand prize!

It has truly made my day!

No comments: