Thursday, November 20, 2014

Moon Garden Challenge Reveal: Laurie Carpenter...

These pieces were made by Laurie Carpenter.  Here's what she had to say about them:  "This was my first time doing a kit and although I was very excited, I was also a little overwhelmed!  My favorite thing to create (and wear) are dangly earrings.  So, that's what I started with!  The color palette made it perfect for creating pieces that really seem to glow and I like that they make me feel like I am wearing a literal "moon garden"."

"I also made a bracelet that didn't turn out exactly like I planned.  My wrists were too small for everything I had envisioned!  But I really like the way it ended up.  I added a pop of purple and the Hill Tribe silver piece is something I picked up in a bead shop in Sarasota years ago and I had been waiting for the inspiration to strike.  Thank you, Andrew, for this opportunity!"

Want to see what others created with the same kit?  Check out what other participants of the challenge made!

Paula Kramer
Carolyn Lawson
Carole Carlson
Alice Peterson
Kari Asbury
Tammy Bowman
Shaiha Williams

On Andrew Thornton's Blog:
Andrew Thornton
Crystal Lombardo Farrell
Geri Colgrove
Laurie Carpenter
Alison Herrington
Naama from Peculiaris
Laurel Ross

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your earrings are lovely and I really really love your bracelet! The silver and pop of color are perfect and make this look like a flower garden on a lovely moonlit night.

Inner Muse Jewelry Design said...

Beautiful set of dangle earrings. I love the combination of big, bold beads, silver and the ring with charm dangles. Very funky and fun!!

Inner Muse Jewelry Design said...

So many great designs! I love the necklace and that you went one step further to accent the white beads. That is really clever!! I love all the design elements on the necklace and your use of an embellished bezel. The bracelet and earrings are the perfect coordinating finishing touches.

Carole said...

Love the earrings, and the bracelet is pretty, too.

Alison Adorns said...

Beautiful earrings! Love the bracelet as well. Great Job!