Friday, November 28, 2014

Desert Sands Challenge Color Ideas...

When I announced the Desert Sands Challenge earlier this week, I heard a lot of interesting comments.  Most of them were wondering how I came about selecting the colors for the kit.  While it's true that the colder weather has encouraged me to dream of warmer climates and the alien landscape of the desert, I have to admit that I considered a few other things as well.

I suppose it's not a secret, but I love the Pantone Color Reports.  I feel like they are a Secret Decoder Ring and they give a glimpse into the future.  With that being said, I took a look at the Spring 2015 Pantone Color Report and found three colors that create a neutral, yet warm color palette.  I decided to pull from Toasted Almond, Sandstone, and Custard to create the kits.  I even peppered the Luxury Bead Blend with a couple dashes of Marsala to add a bit of contrast and depth.

While Desert Sands might not be what most people think of during January, I hope it's a refreshing twist.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all the amazing creations made out of the kit.  It's so interesting to me to see what all the different challengers will make with mostly the same components.

No comments: