Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Now In Print...

I used to be a fairly prolific writer for jewelry-making publications.  When we opened the shop, I took an "unofficial" sabbatical from designing projects for books and magazines.  There simply weren't enough hours in the day.  Even though I cut back drastically, I still managed to squeeze two contributions under my belt for 2013 so far.

I created three original designs (and a few variations for some of the projects) using two-part epoxy clay for Kristal Wick's new book, "Foxy Epoxy".   My pieces are featured amongst a menagerie of beautiful wearable art by some of the industry's most innovative designers.   I had a lot of fun and think the book turned out wonderfully.  CLICK HERE to find out more about the book!
The next book features a project that I originally created for BeadStyle magazine.  They reprinted the project in a book called, "Easy Beading: Volume 9".  The necklace is called, "Twilight Necklace" and is a multi-strand piece dripping with different kinds of pearls.  It also features a beautiful metal clay focal by Gail Crosman Moore.  CLICK HERE to check out the book.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That's cool, Andrew. Looks like a great book! I have been using epoxy clay for about a year or two and it is pretty fun stuff. I will have to look into this for my wish list. Enjoy the day. Erin

Anonymous said...

Hope this means we'll see more of you in the future in magazines, etc.