Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Whole Lotta Andrew by Meg Reilley...

The talented Meg Reilley came by today with the images from the photo-shoot. Wow is she a wizard with a camera! We were all very happy with the results. Below are some of the images of me. I'll let Cynthia post the pictures of the rest of the family.

I feel like if I were ever to make a break for Hollywood, this would be the headshot I'd carry out there. LA here I come!

I jest, but I think she made me look good. At first I was concerned that I would look like a tree-hugger, but I like how the rough surface of the tree bark makes my face look super smooth! It's like I got an instant facelift by comparison.

I don't know why, but that song by Stevie Nicks called "Edge of Seventeen" comes to mind when I see this one. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Believe it or not, I'm camera shy. Even though I'm at peace with myself and I've made a truce with my many scars and flaws, there's still a little voice in the back of my head that tells me to get out of in front of the camera lens. I admire bloggers like Nina Bagley and Jane Ann Wynn who post images of themselves on regular basis.

Here's the last picture of me... I promise. But I wanted to put up this last picture, because I like how the lens and frame of the picture arches my already arching eyebrow a little higher.

If you like Meg's work and want to learn more about the inner workings of this fine example of a working photographer, check out her blog. CLICK HERE to visit it.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

These photos are great! The last one looks like a good author shot for a book cover.

Jean Hutter said...

Awesome photos - I am camera shy too and all my photos reflect it - these are wonderful and so relaxed looking - great job.

SueBeads said...

You look mahvelous (said like Billy Crystal!). You look fantastic, Andrew! They are wonderful photos!

peacockfairy said...

Gorgeous photos!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks everyone for your mega kind words!!!

Jeannie said...

Hey Hollywood, you're superstar! Meg has a good eye.

jeweledrabbit said...

Andrew, you look wonderfully handsome in those pics.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

some people need to be in motion so that you can get a sense of their true essence--in fact--these are the best photos I have ever seen of you. Study the way she crops. That is awesome. The softness of you in black and white, almost grey, is a geat addition. Love these. jean xox

lorrwill said...

Like I said on Facebook, you are enviably photogenic.

And coming from one, what's wrong with being a tree hugger? Except the scratchy bark and the ants....

:-)

Anonymous said...

your skin looks so very fantastically flawless...what great shots.
A little bird tells me that you have a lovely new piece in the winter issue of Stringing...cant wait to see :)

ggs said...

Great photos! I really like the last one too.
--Gail