Monday, November 05, 2007

Unpacking...

I am just now getting to unpacking from my trip down to Asheville and Philadelphia. Things are still in boxes and bags and I've been far too distracted to actually dig into anything yet. Tonight I've made a little progress. The goal is to have my studio and bedroom organized before Thanksgiving (ambitious for me). I discovered on Halloween when attempting to make costume pieces just how disorganized things have become and that everything is scattered throughout a series of jumbled and cluttered taped up boxes.



Above are two prints that I discovered in one of my suitcases from Faerie Con in Philadelphia. They are both done by an artist named Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. She's based out of Oakland, California and owns Shadowscapes. Stephanie primarily works in watercolors and uses fantasy art as a vehicle to explore the tarot. The two images above are from her forth-coming deck; the one of the left being "The Phoenix - Death" card and the one of the right being, "Ace of Wands" card.

Left: Photo of Stephanie Pui-Mun Law in front of her booth before it was relocated.

It was really great meeting her! She's very talented and I enjoyed talking with her throughout the show when it was slow. I'm really glad that she decided at the last minute to do the show. Cynthia also picked up a couple of her prints as well, one of which can be seen by CLICKING HERE. I definitely look forward to her deck when it comes out.

No comments: