Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MTA Accident Update...

This how the MTA replied to me trying to track down the woman who fell into the train:

Response (Melissa Glasgow) - 02/28/2007 02:49 PM
This is in response to your recent e-mail message to MTA New York City Transit
regarding an incident which occurred at the 14th Street station on the F line.

With regard to your inquiry, while we understand that you are concerned for this fellow passenger that you assisted, we are prohibited from releasing personal information contained in an accident report and/or the accident report itself to persons, without an official Court Order or mandate from our Law Department. While we regret that you forgot to exchange information with the injured party so you may keep in touch with regard to her well-being, we are unable to assist you further with your worthy endeavor.

Thank you for having taken the time to contact us.


Melissa Glasgow
Associate Staff Analyst

It was a little hard to "exchange information with the injured party" when she was slipping in and out of consciousness and blood was gushing from her head. I'm going to try and create something called a FOIL report to see if I can get any more information.

2 comments:

Sunrise TheSea said...

I would try to pysically injure someone at MTA after that snide email. I have looked all over and cannot find an article for you about the woman and the accident. I hope you find info. soon.

Andrew Thornton said...

I didn't read it as snide. But perhaps it was. I don't know and don't have the energy to be mad at someone just doing their job. I am only concerned about finding my Mystery Lady and seeing if she's all right. We'll see if this FOIL report will do anything or not.