Friday, February 16, 2007

Illustration Friday: Gravity...

I think that sometimes the best way to illustrate a theme is by illustrating its opposite. The juxtaposition of the title and the image, create a more dynamic experience. At least that's what I think. For instance, when depicting "war," is it not more poignant to show the victims of war, than schematics of strategies?

In illustrating "gravity" I choose to illustrate that which is light and seemingly defiant of the term. I've also incorporated very "heavy" and "hard" objects as well, to add yet another layer of contrast.

8 comments:

Kris Loya said...

i love your illustration - beautifully executed it looks like it took a lot of time!
Sorry my illo made u a bit sad it wasn't intended to mean he didn't like her with curly hair.
She waited so long for mr right that gravity pulled the curls out of her hair!

Sam I Am said...

thanks for the comment on my illo..
love your butterflies..very pretty..makes me feel like floating :)
hugs..sandy

Angela Matteson said...

This is very beautiful and ethereal!

I hope you're feeling better after the bump in the night.

Anonymous said...

very nice collage

Michelle said...

This is very beautiful. I love the light, airy feeling it gives me. The "light" is a nice effect too.

carla said...

This is really gorgeous! I love the placement of the fluttering butterflies against the layed, angular background. The colors and light make this seem like a dream.. it's just all together so pretty! I could spend a lot of time looking at it!

nicbrek said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Working during the summer when school is out is harsh. I'd have to create two songs for that one. Also the school was not advanced. We just felt greatly oppressed *smile. I happened upon your blog and I enjoyed reading your thought process for your gravity piece. Your blog looks pretty entertaining. I'd be looking out for more of your IF work.

Cynthia Thornton said...

The white patterning detail is a nice echo of the light spots around the piece. They have a creature like feel, following the butterflies in swirls.