Monday, February 05, 2007

Day Seven...

Today was my last day in Tucson. Although I'm happy to return to my home in New York City, I'm a little sad to leave all my friends behind. It truly is a beautiful place to visit and everyone is so nice. It makes it that much better. I can't wait for next year.

Above: This is the house that we rented out for the week. Isn't it cute? It was such a pleasure to come back to a real home instead of coming back to a hotel room in the evenings.


When I got to the airport, I discovered that it was filled with other bead people. It was funny how there were so many of them. Some I only vaguely knew and others that I had been friends with for years.

While waiting to board the plane, I met this wonderful woman named Debbie who was talking about how she was on stand-by for a seat on my plane. Apparently her daughter had started to go into labor and she wanted to go back to be there for the birth. The flight had been over-sold and so they were requesting people to give up their seats. I checked to see when I'd get into New York and gave up my seat on the condition that it would go to my new friend, Debbie.

I got a free plane ticket and I was supposed to be getting into New York only 30 minutes later than I had originally been scheduled, at an airport much closer to my home. So it sounded like a good deal. I also didn't have to wait alone, as the boarding area was filled with bead people!


Left: Kathryn Bowman of Beadweaver, who I had done tons of shows with, but never had met before, sat and talked with me for a while. Right: I ran into the 2006 Saul Bell First Place Winner in the beads catagory, Mary V. Smith.

I also ran into Lilian Cartwright, who was working for Scottsdale Bead Supply who was our neighbor at the Best Bead Show. I purchased a really nice piece of dichroic glass named Donna Johnson of Dancing Light Jewelry.

The plane that I was supposed to get on had mechanical problems, so my flight was delayed. I missed my connecting flight in Dallas and was pretty much stranded there. Luckily the airport got accommdations for everyone who was stuck at the airport. So I spent the night in Arlington at the Baymont Inn. It wasn't so bad, because I made fast friends with this wonderful woman named Marti Brown of The Odyssey & Bead Expressions. We're bead show buddies for life!

Our family friend, Claudine Hellmuth, will never have to worry about being without her ProActiv again! You can buy more than just snacks and drinks from vending machines in the Dallas airport! You can buy ProActiv as well. I know I picked up some replacement goods.

No comments: