Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happiness in a Box...

Joan and Lana of Off Center Productions, two very talented ceramists of one-of-a-kind components based out of the Northwest, were kind enough to auction off a fantastic stoneware box to help with my medical expenses. (Thank you both so much for helping!) Along with the check from the auction, they also sent a cigar box filled with all kinds of treasures. When I opened the box, my inner six year old squealed with pure joy! What wonderful goodies! Many of them were from ArtFest, which I really would like to go to one day. When we were growing up, we used to keep treasure chests like these, collecting gum-ball machine prizes, unusual found objects, hard-earned little luxuries and mementoes.

It was a lovely surprise and both me and my inner six year old enjoyed all the little novelties greatly!

5 comments:

Emerald Window said...

I STILL have these treasure chests. I never grew up.
Cenya

My Life Under the Bus said...

Awwww...we have many of these little boxes! Although once in a while I find a rock hard peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Awwww...we have many of these little boxes! Although once in a while I find a rock hard peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Pretty Things said...

LOVE stuff like this! I have a few treasures tucked away in random places -- Zack's been discovering a few lately!

Jeanne @ Gems By Jeanne Marie said...

You are truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends!