Monday, June 07, 2010

What's For Dinner...

I've been working pretty intensely these last few days. I've been surviving off of baby carrots, peanut butter sandwiches and coffee. I decided to take a break by preparing a nice dinner. I made a braised pot roast with a pineapple-green onion-balsamic reduction glaze and bacon rice. It was nice to lose myself in the ritual of preparing a meal – chopping, cutting, slicing, searing. The steady rhythm of the kitchen was just what I needed to regain my focus. Sometimes it helps to step away from what you're doing and enjoy something you love.

Now it's time to get back to work...

8 comments:

Juli Cannon said...

As much as I also love to cook I think right now at this moment looking at that plate I would gladly eat at your house tonight.
Beautiful yummy!

Elizabeth said...

Yum-E!

Vintajia Adornments said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with peanut butter sandwiches! (provided it is the crunchy variety)

kate mckinnon said...

Me too, Andrew, I stopped tonight to make a veggie pot pie, rich and filling, with a salad, and apricot toast. Yum. Now, Whip! Crack! Back to the bench.

See you in three days!!!

Lynn said...

Ha! You probably don't believe I ever cook - I almost put on a pot roast tonight for Anne but ended up with salmon & fresh broccoli instead. Eat well in Milwaukee for me!

Alice said...

It looks delishious! I used to cook regularly when the kids were young (nothing like this though), but now...not so much. I love to watch the Food Network and think I can learn to prepare wonderful meals such as yours, but I just don't have the time to make it happen.

heather noye said...

i was starving before i got to this post. now... i think i'll go eat an early lunch. this looks wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

That is exactly how I felt last night. I argued with myself about doing something easy since it has been a long and stressful few weeks but in the end decided to go to Trader Joes and make a nice dinner for Josh and I. It felt so relaxing.