Friday, June 04, 2010

Self-Portrait Friday...

Earlier this year, I acquired an old Polaroid Colorpack II Land camera from Cristi Clothier of 2 If By Sea. I am just now playing with it. The first round of test photos I took were with original vintage film. The results were less than stellar. The emulsion was over thirty years old and the photos were a grey, muddy mess. I did have some newer film from the Impossible Project and the results were MUCH better. I adore the grainy, overly-saturated, sometimes blurry pictures. It's true that the same effects could be achieved easily with lighting and some digital wizardry, but there's something almost precious about holding these ephemeral snapshots in the palm of your hand captured by a now arcane device.

3 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Awesome!!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Fantastic! I am so glad everything worked out with the camera! Looks like you are putting it to good use. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you for the link!

Anonymous said...

It's intereating how it's dark like last week...but somehow very revealing of you and therefore very intimate.