Friday, September 21, 2007

Food Update...

Oh, I didn't mention what we've been cooking up in the kitchen recently. In the absence of Rice to Riches, last night I made a rice pudding. All the little pieces and parts came together by happenstance and it came out pretty darn nice, if I don't say so myself. The texture was velvety and creamy, and the taste was rich and decadent. I also made a pear gelato and red-wine braised pears (we'll have these for lunch tomorrow). For lunch today, I whipped up some herb roasted potatoes and Sheila made a nice noodle dish in a brie cheese sauce. Yum!

4 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

you're totally killing me. again, i am starving!

Andrew Thornton said...

And I didn't even post any of the pictures! Tonight for dinner I made a mish-mash of things. It was a tomato sauce with various types of lentils, black-eyed peas, and split peas. Cooked down with vegetable broth, onions, and antichoke hearts. All poured on top of oven-roasted herb potatoes. A vegetarian meal that I made up on the spot.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

perfect for me. my favorite! although you are making me want to eat non vegetarian meals as well, lately!

Andrew Thornton said...

You are a stronger person than me. I eventually gave into my temptations for non vegetarian meals. Now I can never go back.