Sunday, March 25, 2007

Opening...

The night was really great; a lot of wonderful people came! It was so nice to be able to share what I have been working on for the past couple of months. I only have a couple of pictures, as my camera went missing at various points in the evening and the batteries died a few times as well. If you have any pictures, feel free to email them to me.


Left: Jessie (orange striped skullcap) talks with Carl and his
girlfriend Bukola. Carl just got back from Ohio, where he was working on cataloging a Catholic museum.


Right: Jeanine and my funny roommate Charles pose for the camera. The still-life photographer Tommy talks with author/director/producer, David Rosfeld.


Left: Natalie Danford and her husband Paulo chat with Jay and his friend Diane (whom I very much wanted to call Megan). You can read the New York Times Book Review of Natalie's debut book, Inheritance, by CLICKING HERE.


Right:Here I am in the middle of Diego Britt (an artist and curator) and my ex-roommate and fabulous photographer, Kate Shaffer.


Left: Even though the amazing artist, Christy Zucarelli, wasn't feeling very well, she managed to make it out to see the show. It was great seeing her!

Christy and I are currently working on putting up a show together. I'm really excited to see what we end up mounting. If you have any venue suggestions, feel free to email me!


Right: Here I am with the lovely Jen Tong who has a show opening at Think Space Art Gallery in LA soon. Jen is such a trooper. She wasn't feeling well either. Earlier this week she was diagnosed with bronchitis and was on several antibiotics.


Left: Here I am again with the 'Wichcrafts! (Calla, Jasmin, Gisselle, Josh, and Jeanine.) I couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers. They're all "cool like that."



Right: Kathy Callahan, a remarkable video and performance artist dropped by; here is a picture of the two of us.



Left: Tommy Cinko and Chris pose in front of my latest show, The Rays of God.

No comments: