Monday, February 19, 2007

OUCH!

After I made the last post, I went out to pick up a bite to eat. It was pretty late as I made my way home. As I was leaving the subway station, one person from a group of hoodlums hanging around by the station entrance took one of the big plastic traffic cones and hit me over the head with it! It really hurt.

I got so mad! I was screaming and cursing. I don't even think that some of what I was saying was in English. When they saw me freak out, they all scattered. I was literally frothing at the mouth.

Now I have two huge knots on my head. Like I needed more lumps on my skull! Other than the bumps and a minor headache, I'm fine.

Oh well, I'm glad that nothing else happened and that I didn't end up killing anyone. It's hard to imagine that someone in their right mind would just go up and hit someone they didn't know. The police were notified and Karma will take care of the wrong-doer. I have no doubt.

3 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

That's TERRIBLE! What horrible people - you're right about Karma. I'm glad you weren't mugged or something. They didn't exactly sound like upstanding citizens. Take care (carry mace with you).

Andrew Thornton said...

Yeah, it was pretty foul of them. I had my iPod buds in, so I couldn't really hear anything. I don't think that they would have robbed me. For being hoodlums, they were (from what I could see) decently dressed and it was in such a public space. Right next to the enterance that was well-lit and with people coming and going. I can only imagine that they were drunk and being jerks. Either that or it could have been many hate-driven things. Is it because by avoiding high rent prices in Manhattan, I'm gentrifying their neighborhood, and slowly pushing them out? Is it because they assume that I'm homosexual, and a walking target? Is it because I am a different skin color? Is it simply that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Perhaps it was a little of all of these reasons. Or maybe none.

Kelly Kilmer said...

Oh Andrew, I"m sorry that this happened. I check your blog daily (it is one of my faves).
I hope you are ok.
Sometimes people can suck!
Stay safe & stay well,
Kelly