Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day Two...

Today started off pretty early! Cynthia, Greg, Weasel, and Bob went to the Best Bead Show presented by Crystal Myths to set up for the opening day. Even though I had gotten really late, I couldn't go back to sleep. So instead of just laying there, I wanted to make a couple of samples before I went to the shows.

I was working at the To Bead True Blue show at the Manning House. The day was a pretty relaxed day, full of meeting wonderful customers and other vendors. I had the opportunity to talk to so many amazing people!

The highlight of the second day in Tucson by far was the Beadwork party. Each year in Tucson, Beadwork throws a party for their advertisers. Usually it's at the Tucson Botanical Gardens. This year, they moved the party to the Tucson Museum of Art.



Left: Pam Wynn and Jamie Hogsett. Pam is Heather Wynn's mother and makes amazing polymer beads. Jamie is the editor of Stringing and is the special editor at Beadwork. Jamie is one of my favorite people.




Right: Jamie and I are posing in front of a horse sculpture that had been decorated with iconic imagery at the Tucson Museum of Art.





Left: Lisa Kan with Danielle Fox. Lisa creates finely crafted glass beads. Her work is inspired by Asian art. Danielle works for Beadwork and Stringing. She used to live in New York and actually used to live a couple of blocks away from me when I lived in Gramercy Park, but alas... we never knew it.




Right: Patti Cahill and Kay Seurat unwillingly pose for my camera. Patti is one of my favorite glass-bead makers of all time. She's out of Mars Hill and lived not too far from us when I was in Asheville. I just met Kay this evening.





Left: Lindsay, me, and Katie Wall strike a pose. Lindsay and Katie Wall work for Fusion Beads based out of Seattle. Both of them are truly delightful gems!






Right: This is today's haul! Lots of coral and pearls from one of my favorite bead stores, Talisman Associates! In the middle there's a beaded ring that Dustin Wedekind made for me and also a dichroic glass bead, which are very hard to come by.

No comments: