Tuesday, May 05, 2020

The Warrior of the Deep...

It’s no surprise that the past month or so has been a struggle for me. It has been a challenge for a lot of people. The first week was the hardest and then it was a roller coaster of ups and downs. I was emotionally rung out and it was hard to muster any energy for much of anything... it took all I had to simply carry on.

But there’s something about darkness that reveals the light. Sometimes we don’t realize our strength until we’re forced to be strong. One of the prompts for MerMay is “Warrior”. At first I thought of a dark and imposing character. But the more I looked at the fish and other creatures that dwell in the darkest part of the ocean, they were surprisingly colorful and highly patterned. Many of them are bioluminescent. Sometimes in the darkness, you have to make your own light.

No comments: