Thursday, October 23, 2014

Royal Feather Challenge Reveal: Andrew Thornton...

It's that time again!  Today is the Reveal for the Royal Feather Challenge.  Normally I do a synopsis of the challenge, but you can get a full rundown of how the challenges work and what was in this design kit by CLICKING HERE.

Also, this blog hop will be a little bit different in another way.  Usually I have one blog post for my creation and all of the participants who don't have a blog.  Instead of doing that, I'm going to do a separate blog post for each participant.  This way it's easier to direct comments.

Without further ado... here's the piece I made:

The past few months have been extremely busy and I haven't had a chance to work on anything new much.  I decided to make a bracelet using the vintage Japanese glass, Swarovski crystals, and freshwater pearls.  I embellished a length of chain with wire-wrapped dangles, giving the bracelet a fringy movement.

Make sure to check out what the other participants made:

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous as always! One day I aspire to wire wrap with skills like yours!!!
This was a great challenge. Thank you!!!

Unknown said...

Your bracelet is beautiful! I'm really in love with the Japanese glass beads. They are such a wonderful color green. Thank you so much for a wonderful kit and challenge! I feel lucky to get to participate!

Alison Adorns said...

Thanks so much for hosting such a great hop! Thank you for letting us use your blog to showcase our work.
Your bracelet is perfection.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The bracelet is beautiful, Andrew. I can imagine how nice it would feel to wear: perfectly balanced with lotof shimmer and movement. Sheer joy!

How nice of you to showcase each participant separately. I look forward to meeting them.

Kari Asbury said...

Gorgeous! Perfect design to show off the variety of beads and colors in the kit!

Inner Muse Jewelry Design said...

I love dangle or cha-cha bracelets. This one is lush in both texture and colors. This was such a fun theme. Everyone did such a great job capturing the beauty of the jewel tones for the challenge.

Sarajo Wentling said...

I'm crazy late but finally getting back to this hop to make my comments. Sorry for the delay! I love this bracelet (and have admired other pieces you've done with all those little dangles!). I'm not sure I'm patient enough to do something with that many dangles but you do it so well.