Saturday, April 19, 2014

From the Vault: Day 25 Necklace...

Here's another piece that I created for the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge that I never posted.  This one was created for the Day 25 prompt to use a bead that's been in my bead stash forever.  With this particular challenge, my biggest problem was selecting which particular bead to dig out.  I have a lot of really cool beads and I was on the fence about which one I wanted to use.  The past few weeks, I haven't had much time to spare, so I had to be super selective about which to finally settle on.

I opened a box that I have had since the Bead&Button show a few years ago and right in the middle of it was a polymer clay Forsythia Pendant by Heather Powers of HumbleBeads.  And I knew – I just knew – that I had to make something with this particular piece.  And so I did!

I paired the polymer clay pendant with some pink coral rounds, turquoise-dyed magnesite rounds, carved Czech glass ovals, and a bronze toggle to create this asymmetrical piece.  I love how bright and fun the colors are.  I think they accent the focal nicely and carry the blue-green around the piece. The bright gold of the bronze toggle picks up the flowers in the pendant.  It's a great piece for spring!

No comments: