Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 20...

If you're just popping in, each day there's a new creative exercise in this month-long challenge celebrating National Craft Month.  For Day 20, we were asked to make a memory wire bracelet.  Last week, for Day 12, I created a set of stackable bracelets and I used memory wire for those.  So this felt like familiar territory.  I even had a little extra memory wire leftover from that challenge.

We have a Treasure Box at the shop and I put all kinds of random beads in it.  I sometimes order "floor sweepings" or assorted beads by the pound, but I also throw in things like broken strands and unclaimed leftover beads from projects worked on in the store.  I try to throw in a few beads that are on the more expensive side to really make a treasure hunt.  You can fill a plastic baggie up as full as you can for $5.  (Of course, you have to follow the rules!)

I decided that I was going to make something with some Treasure Box beads.  I strung up the beads without a pattern or theme in mind.  I just wanted to embrace the randomness.  I think this is a fun memory wire bracelet, perfect for stacking with other bracelets!

Want to see the complete calendar for the challenge?  CLICK HERE to take a look.

No comments: