Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 15...

The prompt for Day 15 was to create something with your favorite bead mix.  I was digging through my boxes and found a mix I made a few months ago inspired by Van Gogh's Iris painting.  It is composed of size 8/o Japanese seed beads in bright yellows, springy greens, shocking blues, and peaceful purples, with a hint of copper and brown.  I decided to give it a go and make something with it.  CLICK HERE to check out the Iris Garden mix.


I did not know what I was going to make.  I just got my needle and thread out and started working.  I started out with some RAW (Right Angle Weave), but it was taking too long to make much progress, so I switched to some peyote stitch.  I was going to do a bracelet with different segments of various stitches, but I was playing around with the piece I completed and folded it over.  It fit together into a tube and I thought... hey, why not?  So it transformed into a slider tube.  I added a little bit of brick stitch to the edges, so that it has a cleaner edge.  I slipped it on a thick leather cord and called it a day!

To find out the full calendar of prompts, CLICK HERE!  If you can't do the whole month, pick one or two of your favorites and give yourself a goal to work on.  I've found this challenge to be really inspirational and highly motivational!

No comments: